Friday, April 17, 2009

Surreal Surroundings pt.10

(Disclaimer: this is a work of fiction)

The only real person I had seen in this hell was now a shining lump of flesh, determined to strike me down with no remorse. I can only feel the lingering whispers of death in my constraints. What is it like to die, or to be reborn, will I be there or is it just a machine? I feel the heavy air on my skin - the beckoning breeze.

Unlocked, dragged and put into place. Will I be a spectator of my own death? Five of them wear their hooded robes, the new member of their family doesn't get that luxury, but it seems he will get the luxury of severing my soul. All humanity flees with this inhumanity I'm surrounded by. I can already envision the last film roll gliding past my eyes, as the blade is being readied for a new dive.

(anticipating death)

It was apparent that this journey wouldn't be like the ones in fantasy books, where the good wins and the evil subsides. It was apparent I was lost in an unknown world - alone. After admitting that, I'm already an empty shell of organic processes and electricity - faceless like these aliens.

I have to succumb to this certain fate.

(thrusting blade of death)

I can't put it into words what it felt like to go through death, but I wasn't resurrected as a monster, I was merely seperated from my earthly shell. I'm a soul now, watching my own carapace from above.

When you cease to exist in the material world, you will receive a true face. The face that represents you in the minds of others - a legacy.

I bid farewell to my flesh and begin my eternal flight in space.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment