Thursday, March 19, 2009

Surreal Surroundings pt.7

(Disclaimer: this is a work of fiction)

This translucent monument on the barren soil, this circle shaped clearing amidst the dark forest, this altar of madness under the weeping space. Strange symbols cover the monument, it must be the language of some great alien species. A transporter pad? A signal flare? What is the meaning of this peculiar design?

(naked under the cold horizon)

I hold my head and sway it from side to side. Why is this happening? I assure myself, that there is no greater feeling of desperation than this dreamlike jail - this unjust confinement. I must not give up so easily, without hope there is nothing and with nothing I can't exist. My head is killing me as I stare obliviously at the symbols, darker than night, yet surrounded by an ethereal blue light. I want to touch the thing, something is ought to happen when you meddle with unknown forces. In this bleak world there is no time for guesswork, so I just have to trust my instincts - a journey built on luck.

(a curious touch)

It tickles my flesh, like electric sparks would, but nothing special follows. I release my touch and stand still. I take a hold of it with both of my hands now, the power it surges seems to increase in potency, still nothing special follows. Frustration crawls up my spine, this thing can't be here for nothing, it just can't. What if I wrap myself around it and hug it real tight? Here goes for nothing. It feels extremely warm now, my whole body is being electrocuted, but it doesn't hurt. The blue light intensifies, it must be on the brink of getting activated. I squeeze it even tighter. I can't let go, neither will it let go of me - sucking me in.

(violent bodily jolts)

There was no pain involved earlier, but now there is a torrent under my skin. It feels as if my insides were rearranging their atomic structure, a feeling so strange it's nigh impossible to describe. I slowly notice how I'm starting to lose the control of my body and mind, before that happens I take a final look at the sky. Some colossal shadow seems to be coming my way, it looks like a ghost gliding through the immense space, but my senses are gradually blurring out and it's soon hopeless to try to make any sense out of it.

I'm shattering into billions of pieces and I can only mildly feel this process happening. Every piece holds a part of me, every piece holds a part of my senses, yet alone they have almost nothing, this feels more unreal than the dream I had - the one with the eye. I can only feel how these tiniest of pieces slowly accelerate towards the star filled space.

Only a blue pillar extending into space leads my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment