Saturday, March 28, 2009

Surreal Surroundings pt.8

(Disclaimer: this is a work of fiction)

Atoms in space, that is what I am. Atoms that are being led towards an unknown destination. I can't feel the feeling of me, but there is something subtle, a force of will perhaps.

(flight of the particles)

Suddenly the bits and pieces of my flying jigsaw puzzle reconnect - rematerialization of my being. Hundreds of sensations go through me, a sudden storm ravaging the peaceful coast of my mind. All my bodily functions are regained on a single heartbeat, never have I had to endure such a rude awakening.

I'm a mess. I open my eyes slightly, an ethereal blue light penetrates into my retinae, stinging deep, as if searching for a weakness. Trying to shield my vision with my right hand I take a glimpse around me. I see tall corridors with cold steel walls covered with strange symbols, like the ones that were on the monument at the clearing. The blue light radiates from those marks, it infiltrates my head, talking in a language unknown. I wish I could understand it, I wish I could answer to it.

(the walls spread a chant)

The sound in my head changes into a screeching noise, my ears start to hurt as it continues to get louder and louder. I try to cover my ears but the pain keeps climbing towards an excruciating point. I scream from the top of my lungs. It's the loudest scream I have ever made, the screech quiets down and the light from the walls grows dim. I gasp for air in a shock.

(loud humming)

An exotic iron cage descents from the ceiling, an oval vessel with oval holes. It creates a solid thud as it hits the floor. Seemingly blue mist sprouts out from the various holes of the vessel, the mist forms a figure representing a human just outside of it. The mist is clearly mimicing my appearance. Could this mist be an intelligent lifeform? It creeps me out but it doesn't seem hostile.

(like looking into a mirror)

I stare at it in awe. It's genuinely shocking to see something alien trying to mimic your race in size and in shape, something so similar yet so different.

Now it started repeating my every move, but I try to ignore what it's doing. Abruptly my head is filled with weird words again, I still can't answer to the voice, so the screeching noise returns, probably as a mechanism for disobeying the voice. The pain returns too, so I scream yet again - the noise subsides. Now four more vessels descent from the ceiling accompanied with loud humming. They land with a thud and emit a mist person just outside of them.

Encircled by something alien.

No comments:

Post a Comment