Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sudden Spark

I have played video games nearly all my life, I really love the music from many Sega and Nintendo titles specifically. I find video game music interesting for the fact that it has some of the greatest music ever made (in my opinion) as well as some of the worst music ever made (again in my opinion). It's such a broad genre, that every possible genre of music is represented inside the video game music bubble, yet it still has something distinctive about it.

While reveling in nostalgia the thought hit me, once again, that I should write my own music. I still have ways to go with music theory but I'm improving and will hopefully start making real songs in the coming years. I really like the works of Koji Kondo, Nobuo Uematsu and Motoi Sakuraba for example.

Some great video game songs I could find on YouTube:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Attack


Shining Force 2 - Into the Darkness


Final Fantasy 9 - Hunter's Chance


Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Tal Tal Heights


Megaman 9 - Flash in the Dark


Star Ocean: The Second Story - We Form In Crystals

No comments:

Post a Comment